NEWS

World of Ports Video Now Available

24.02.15

We can write a lot about how World of Ports can make the Marine Assurance task easier for you and how it can be of direct benefit to the tanker community, but sometimes it’s easier to show you.

To help really showcase the benefits of World of Ports we’ve prepared a short film that runs through how World of Ports works and what sort of features can be used when screening different elements of a voyage, looking at a hypothetical voyage of a VLCC between Qatar and Japan. After viewing this we think you will have a clearer picture of what World of Ports can do for you, and if you’re already a user, this will hopefully give you a feel for the full range of features available in World of Ports.

The video is available to view here, and also on our dedicated YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/ISSWorldOfPorts.

gCaptain

24/05/2018 Interview: Port of Rotterdam’s Ben van Scherpenzeel Talks Containers, Efficiency, Blockchain and More

port of rotterdam aerialInterview by Paul González-Morgan of Marine Strategy – Ben van Scherpenzeel, Director Nautical Developments, Policy & Plans at the Port of Rotterdam, is passionate about continuous improvement with a focus on ports and shipping in every aspect: nautical, logistical, economical and social. Ben’s past experience onboard vessels of Shell and Holland America Line, together with the […]

24/05/2018 MAN to Equip World’s First LNG-Powered Fishing Trawler

MAN Diesel & Turbo has announced it will supply the complete propulsion package and fuel-gas system for the world’s first LNG-powered fishing trawler. The 86-meter purse-seiner, named ‘Libas’, will be built by Cemre Shipyard in Istanbul for Norwegian fishing group Liegruppen. The design is provided by Salt Ship Design. The vessel will be equipped with […]

24/05/2018 Kings Point Superintendent James Helis Accepts New Role at MARAD Headquarters

The United States Maritime Administration on Thursday announced that Rear Admiral James Helis, Superintendent of the United States Merchant Marine Academy since 2012, has accepted a position at MARAD headquarters in Washington, D.C., where he will serve as Special Assistant to the Administrator. “During his six-year assignment as Superintendent, Helis led the response to many complex issues […]

24/05/2018 NOAA Predicts Near- to Above-Normal Atlantic Hurricane Season in 2018

The U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is predicting a 75-percent chance of a near- of above-normal 2018 Atlantic hurricane season, the agency said Thursday. Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center predict a 35 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 40 percent chance of a near-normal season, and a 25 percent chance of a below-normal season […]

No items found